Follow Me!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Protective Styling with a Phony Pony

I have been REALLY lazy with my hair lately.

Don't get me wrong. I still wash and DC weekly but after that....I don't really feel like doing much with it. So for the time being, I have decided to phony pony it up for a while. If you have looked at my progress pics, you can see that I definitely have enough hair to gather it into a small ponytail. Since I don't think my hair is long enough to just go outside wearing my little wimpy ponytail, a phony pony will have to do.

Currently, I am using a Hype Hair synthetic phony pony that I got at Walgreens 2 yrs ago. The color is 1B and I believe I paid $10.00+tax for it (sorry I couldn't find a pic for it!). I also use the Goody Ouchless Hair Ties.

Here is what I do daily:
1) Apply a bit of moisturizer to my hair
2) Brush my hair up into a ponytail (gently, course) and put on hair tie as loosely as I can.
3) Put on ponytail
4) Smooth down my edges with IC Fantasia Hair Gel+water and a brush
5) Done!

When I come home for the evening, I make sure to take my ponytail down for a few hours ( to cut down on the stress my hair is going through from being pulled back). At bedtime, I gather my hair loosely with my hair tie and cover it with a scarf.

Well that is really what I do on the day to day with my phony ponys. The great thing is that I change my hair so much that nobody seems to really notice them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment