Follow Me!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

"I Can See Your Track Girl!" and other Random Thoughts While Sitting In a Waste of Time Conference

Hey everyone!

So today I had to attend a mandatory conference for my fellowship, if you could call it a conference. Since the conference was not beneficial to me at all, I began observing other girls hair. These may sound a bit harsh...but,in my mind, I'm a wee bit uncensored. Here are my thoughts!


1) I can see your track...do you know I can see your track?/ Do your know your natural hair is not hawaiian silky or that shiny? Like my bff says, the point of a weave is to fool people. You aren't fooling me if I can see your weave or if your tracks look like weave. This is actually a pet peeve of mine. If you're gonna wear weave, make it believable please!

2) That poor pitiful ponytail. I saw the saddest ponytail today. If you could call it that. It was a wisp of hair put back. I have to admit. It made me feel kinda bad. I wanted to tap the girl on the shoulder and tell her about LHCF b/c she tried to make the ponytail style look somewhat presentable but it kinda missed the mark. :sigh:

3)Dang, does everybody relax bone straight? As I looked around, a noticed a lot of girls relaxed bone straight and most of them didn't have hair past SL. Could there be a connection with this? Hmm...

4)What am I gonna do when I take these cornrows out? Since I can't relax yet, I have to figure out what I'm gonna do with my hair. One minute I think I'll roller set it and another I think I'll do a flexirod set. I dunno more to come on that.


I probably had more random thoughts like this since I have become more observant of other peoples hair (being on a hair journey does that I suppose). Sometimes, I just want to say something but it's hard b/c you don't know how others will react to it. What is one to do in situations such as these?

3 comments:

  1. OMG I HATE HATE HATE to see a bad weave! If I can see your tracks (unforgivable) I'm sorry but I can never look at you (or your hair) in the same light again! lol. And sad ponytails make me sad too... there's this girl in one of my classes and her ponytail is like three strands and 1/2" long... why?? =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad weave for me is unforgivable. Who are people fooling when they try to get textures that don't match theirs. Its the rare breed that can wear silky straight.

    I find myself doing the same thing when I'm looking at a crowd of people. But I hate seeing split ends. I especially hate when people with long, lifeless, damaged hair keep holding on to their pitiful ends because they actually think they have long hair. It's so sad. Who are they saving that horrible hair for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you girls agree! My problem with bad weave is this: why would someone pay all that money to look a H.A.M.?? It just bothers me. The one time I had a weave, everyone thought it was mine (mainly because I wore it curly a lot and it wasn't silky straight) and a paid waaaaay less than what weaves normally run. I need folks to get it together!

    ReplyDelete