Follow Me!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Paranoid


Today I went to lab with my hair all straigtened. Oh you guys should have seen it. It had some serious swang and was very thick and wonderful. However...there was one problem. I kept imagining my ends just drying up and breaking off. Just pop pop popping off. As the day went by, I came up with the most genius idea....I'll just get it cornrowed. Never mind that it's the dead of winter and my scalp would be really exposed. I can keep it braided up for three weeks and not be bothered. Yep. That's the plan.

So I went to the African hair braiders up the street from my lab as soon as my work day ended. Initially, they were talking about charging me $80 ( I know right) but once I explained what I wanted (a few, larger cornrows put back into a bun), the price came down to $50 (which is
reasonable). The girl did a very good job...she didn't braid my hair too tight at all and I am very pleased with the results.
So now I just have to make the best of this protective style since I do plan on doing this for the next few months. My mom kept my hair cornrowed for a year and a half following The Great Virgin Relaxer Debacle of '98 and my hair grew out beautifully. It is back to basics now. Hopefully it will get me past SL!

No comments:

Post a Comment