Follow Me!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Protective Style to Add to the List

I have come to a conclusion.

That conclusion is that during the winter (at least), I cannot wear my hair down for an extended period of time. I wore my hair down on Monday and I played with it all day. ALL DAY. There wasn't a time where I didn't have my hands in my hair. Just playing. Of course my hair didn't like that. It would start to break if I played with it too much. So that night I went looking for a new protective style...well actually for a bun style. I figured my hair is long enough now. After searching YouTube for an hour I came across the Southern Tease bun.




I thought to myself: this bun is perfect! You don't have to have APL hair to do it either (just keep in mind that with shorter hair, your bun will be smaller so don't set any unrealistic expectations)! So I got up and experimented for awhile. My bun didn't really look like a bun...more like a swoosh but it looked like a cute little updo! At the time I had to secure the bun with some bobby pins (but I don't recommend that- if you can get some claw clips) I then jazzed it up with some decorative clips. Whole updo takes about 30 seconds to do and it keeps your hair up off your shoulders. My hair has been like this since Tuesday and I love it. I really want to hurry up and get past the length I am at so I can enjoy my hair more. I guess it all takes patience. Anyway, I just wanted to share this protective style for you ladies...just in case you are trying to think of ways to style your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment