Follow Me!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Washing Braids/Twists/Whatever..pt 2

I have talked at length about how I use dry shampoo when my hair is braided, this I know. However, sometimes I miss washing my hair and DCing. What is a girl to do?

Well there is actually a way to wash your hair while your hair is braided up. You will need:

1) Pantyhose (tied like a stocking cap)
2) Your favorite shampoo
3) Water
4) Spray bottle
5) Your favorite DC

Basically, you put the stocking cap on your head. Then, you place your favorite shampoo in the spray bottle and dilute it with water. Mix well. Spray the shampoo/water mixture onto your stocking cap (I typically try to saturate it). Rinse well with water. Dilute your favorite DC with water and spray onto your stocking cap. Leave DC on for as long as you like. Rinse really really well.

That is it! I hope that is clear. I definitely had to wash my twists like this because I am starting to smell like the Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 that I spray in my hair every single freakin day. That was NOT and is NOT the business! At least now my hair will smell like the Aubrey Organics GPB that I'm DCing with. Anyway, now you know ladies...another alternative for washing your hair while it is braided.

2 comments:

  1. I've been building my braid care routine. I can't use dry shampoo because my scalp gets far too itchy if I don't wet it regularly. I was also working my way through my leave-in sprays far too quickly so I've been using hawaiian silky and HE long-term relationship leave-in instead. I also seal with oil once or twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discover the finest knotless box braids NYC at Harlem Natural Hair. Our skilled hairstylists specialize in creating stunning knotless braids that will leave you receiving compliments on your impeccable style. Book your appointment today and experience the artistry of knotless braids with us!

    ReplyDelete