Follow Me!

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Weekend's Here! What are you doing to your hair?

After a long and productive work/school week, it's finally the weekend! I don't know about you but for me, the weekend signals that it's time for my weekly hair ritual. During the weekend, I take time to wash, DC, and style my hair. It's usually a very soothing and relaxing time for me. Almost therapeutic in a way.


This weekend, it is supposed to do nothing but rain in Birmingham so it is the ideal weekend to do hair. I'm not gonna want to go anywhere because it'll be icky out. As usual, I will wash my hair with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo and DC with with Aubrey Organics GPB or with Aubrey Organics White Camellia.

However, instead of straightening my hair, I'm gonna start building up my summer style portfolio. This will probably be the first summer in a long time where I'm not in braids and as much as I love buns, I'll probably get tired of them by the time July rolls around.

This weekend will be devoted to bantu knot outs. I've wore bantu knot outs before but it has been AGES since I've worn them. They provide a nice versatile curly style that is very summer-ish.

Check out the vids below to recreate bantu knot outs of your own! One is from Macherie from Healthy Textures (isn't her hair just gorgeous!!)





The second is from crownofhisglory. It's a very short and to the point tutorial but essentially this is what I do for bantu knots. I usually put them in while I'm in front of the tv or something.




....so tell me, what are your hair plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment