Follow Me!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Hair: 4/12/11




Happy Tuesday everyone! I just wanted to stop by with my hairstyle of the day. I actually took the time to do a bantu knot out! Last night, I sectioned my (dry) hair into 8 parts (2 in the front, 2 in the middle, and 4 in the back). I placed a light gel onto each section and proceeded to make my bantu knots, securing them with a bobby pin. I unraveled my bantu knots this morning and voila! Instant cuteness!

If you can't tell, I love wearing curly styles during the spring and summer. It just looks so carefree and relaxed to me.

Well what do you guys think? Yay or nay?

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I love it. It looks like a half wig! I wish I could get my bantu-knots to look like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. D! It took me a while to really perfect my knot outs. You'll get it! Just keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definite yay. What gel did you use? Your hair still looks fluffy. So glad, you're posting more often.

    Life in a Shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Since I haven't been hiding my hair via braids, I've been in it more often! So I get to try new things and share it with you guys!

    To answer your question, I used this gel that I picked up in B'ham (Nahbila's Essentials-it's locally made). But, I looked at the ingredient listing and it is essentially aloe vera gel. It definitely provides hold that isn't too firm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @love.akihsoy and Age in ATL Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete