Follow Me!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Review: FHI Nano Weight Pro 1800 Hair Dryer




For months now, I have been at my wits end trying to perfect my flat ironing technique. I mean, don't get me wrong...my technique so far has been ok. It was just really hit or miss. Sometimes it would turn out decent, sometimes it would be a huge, fat fail. I had to learn how to get great flat iron results though. I refuse to pay anyone to straighten my hair when I have a $130 flat iron sitting in my bathroom. After some research, I found that the good basis for any flat iron session, is a good blow dryer. A good blow dryer will do the initial straightening for you and result in less passes of the flat iron when you finally do flat iron.

So, I looked at my Jilbere Porcelain Series hair dryer that I got waaaay back in the beginning of my journey at Sally's for about $50. I found that no matter how good my technique was and after tweaking my technique a variety of ways, my flat iron results were never quite what I wanted them to be. It became clear to me: I had to get a newer, better hair dryer.

Today, I swung by Ulta and picked up the FHI Nano Weight pro 1800 hair dryer. This dryer is a ceramic tourmaline dryer-which is exactly what I wanted. It comes with a diffuser and a concentrator (nozzle). Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a comb attachment. I have to warn those who are watching their pennies, the dryer is pricey. It ran me about $100. If you order it online, it may cost more.

Now, without further ado, the review.


The cool stuff:

-The dryer is very lightweight! I was able to dry my hair without my arms getting tired midway through.

-It isn't as loud as your everyday dryer. I mean, yeah, it's gonna make some noise but it's nowhere near as loud an ordinary dryer.

- This sucker will dry your hair fast! Usually, it takes me about an hour to dry my hair completely. With this dryer, my hair was dry in 30min! It cut my drying time in half!

-Once dry, my hair wasn't puffy at all. It was very sleek and didn't have a dry feeling to it. My hair was dry and moisturized.


The bad stuff

-Limited heat options. There is low heat and low speed and high heat at high speed. I usually prefer to dry my hair at medium heat and this dryer doesn't have that. The high heat wouldn't be so bad except....

-The high heat freakin feels like Hell's furnace! This dryer blows out the heat! However, the high heat is just entirely too hot for my liking. What makes it suck even more is that you can't really go to low heat because low heat is slightly less hot than high. Slightly.


Bottom Line: This dryer definitely did the job in terms of being the perfect basis for my flat iron. It got my hair straight and did it in less time than my usual dryer. However, the high heat setting is just too hot! Additionally, there isn't a medium heat setting. In the future, I would probably air dry for a few hours then blow dry, just to limit the time I spend blow drying. Either way, if I give this hair dryer 4 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment