Follow Me!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Top 3

So I saw this on the My Healthy Hair Journey blog and the [Hair].I.Am--WORLD! blog and figured that I should give go ahead and fill in my answers. So here goes.....

1) Top three things you love about your hair

-its thickness (it took my hair breaking off for me to appreciate it. Like Joni says: Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone)
-its versatility ( I am able to do so much with my hair that I thought I'd never be able to do with it)
-its length (yeah I said it. It's never been this long before!)

2) Top Three things you have learned since being on your hair journey

--No one NEEDS a relaxer. It's a styling choice. Your hair is manageable if you're natural or if you're relaxed.
--My hair needs moisture. Ain't no getting around it, under it, or through it.
--Protective styling is only as boring as you make it. Protective styling so frequently has forced me to be more creative with my styles!

3) Top three things you want to accomplish during your hair journey

--I want to get to mid back length--maybe waist length.
--Perfect my straightening technique so that I use less heat (and don't mention rollersetting. I got beef w/ rollersetting lol)
---Did I mention I want to get to mid back length?

4) Top Three things/Products you love:

--Mizani Thermasmooth
--AO conditioners and Silicon Mix
--Buns, braidouts, and bantu knot outs

5) Top three Hair inspirations (youtube or otherwise)

Anyone who is on a journey for healthy hair inspires me. To see AA dispelling the myths that surround our hair care on a daily basis is definitely inspirational to me. It's what keeps me going on in my own journey! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the "Protective styling is only as boring as you make it" thing. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding that the main people who say protective styling is boring are those who do the same ol' basic bun EVERYDAY! Of course that's boring! Shoot I'm getting bored thinking about it lol. I think the more you push yourself style-wise, the less inclined you are to think that your hair is difficult to style or that you NEED to do x,y, or z in order to look presentable. Those are just my observations though...

    ReplyDelete