Follow Me!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Incorporating More Oils Into My Regimen

Happy Hump Day lovelies!!

Lately, I have been on a huge Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) kick. I've been using it for hot oil treatments as well as for sealing my ends and let me tell you...my hair absolutely loves it. I'm starting to notice less breakage (I'm still shedding like a dog though) and my hair just feels better overall.

So that got me to thinking: maybe I should incorporate more oils into my regimen.

I've never really been much to utilize oils. My thinking has always been that if you're on top of your moisturizing game (via DCing and things like that), there shouldn't be a need to add oils. However, as my hair gets longer (and my ends get older and more prone to breakage) I have to re-evaluate my regimen and do the things that are best for my hair.

Anyway..back to the oils.

JBCO is a hit for my hair and I will most likely continue to use it during the winter months. I'm also going to use up this bottle of Wild Growth Oil (WGO--bought it at the beginning of my journey but I stopped using it b/c it stank like all to be damned. I'll be using WGO just to oil my scalp during the wig when my hair is under the half wigs. Other than that, I will be looking for other oils (other than EVOO--I like it and all but I just want to branch out a bit) to use on my hair when the weather warms up. I love JBCO but it is so thick and I'm afraid that it may be too heavy for my hair once the mercury rises.

Do you guys use oils in your regimen? What benefits have you noticed? Any suggestions on oils to use?

1 comment:

  1. I love oils! And although I've never tried JB, castor oil is the supreme sealant for the cold months for me. I'm not much of a mixologist so I don't do all the add-ins to my DC's but I do prepoo like its part of my religion, and I've even began baggying overnight with extra oil added to my ends. Hemp oil (ceramides) is best for that IMHO, but I liked castor and EVOO for the "greenhouse" effect also. I like avocado also, that would be a good one to try in replacement of your JBCO during warmer months.

    Sorry for the novel-long comment! lol. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love having a selection of 4 or so different oils for different things: prepoo, baggying, ceramides, warm and cold weather sealing.

    ReplyDelete