Follow Me!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Every Hair Diva Should Have: The Science of Black Hair




Happy Hump Day ladies!! I hope you're all having an amazing day!

I tend to read a lot about hair care because I just want to expand my knowledge about hair in general. I feel like the more I know, the more I am able to successfully deal with my hair. Today, I just wanted to stop by and tell you about this wonderful hair book that I have been reading: The Science of Black Hair by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy (the author is Sistaslick on LHCF who has always given helpful, science based hair care tips). I am about half way through it and I had to stop and recommend this book to you guys.

This book is like a crash course in all things hair care. It starts with an introduction to the structure of the hair and works its way up to explaining things like pH, porosity, how relaxers work, shampooing (very in depth breakdown of what is actually in shampoos), how conditioners and other moisturizers work, regimen building, and more!!! I think it's a perfect book for those who are starting their hair care journey because it explains why a certain technique is followed. I think it's easy to do something because we see others do it but still not necessarily understand why it's done. I also think it's perfect in allow folks to really evaluate what they have been doing hair care wise and why it may/may not be working for them. I also think it's a perfect reference for veterans in this hair care game. I have certainly learned things that I did not know prior to reading this book.


So please, check it out and refer to as many people has you can. If you want copy, you can purchase it at:

booksamillion.com

Barnes& Noble.com (you can also purchase it as a Nook Book-which is what I did)

Amazon.com (also available for Kindle)

3 comments:

  1. This one is basically looking one of the exotic featured source about hair growth. This one really sounds great about it. I am totally amazed to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering if you had any problems reading the book on your nook. I have one and I wondered about the picture quality, if it would be better if I purchased either paperback or hardback?

    ReplyDelete