Follow Me!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wash Day 1/14/12 and Other Random Things

Happy Saturday lovelies!!

So after 2 weeks of being lazy, I finally washed my hair last night. Wooooo! Yay!! Wash day was nothing fancy. I washed with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and DCed with ORS Replenishing Conditioner overnight. Today, I decided to go on ahead and get a blowout so I can wear my hair out just a little bit during the week. Sigh. Let me tell you that was a FAIL!!! Turns out the stylist was able to straighten my hair...but used too much serum in my hair! My hair feels just....greasy. Ugh. Gross. However, at least now I can easily do a search and destroy...and bunning this week shouldn't be much of an issue. In retrospect, I should have listened to my gut and just wore a wig for the week. Oh well. You live and you learn.


Lately, I have been doing some thinking about my hair. No, I'm not going to cut it or anything like that. I've just been musing about some things. As you guys know, I protective style like a BAWSE (that's BOSS for those sitting there confused lol)! I can go without manipulating my hair too much and be ok with that for months on end. However, I think it takes away from enjoying my hair..especially now that it's the longest it has ever been. Talking to my mom today, I found out that she alternates her protective styling. She'll half wig it up 4 days out of a 5 day work week. On that last day, she'll style her own hair. Well that sounded like a pretty good idea to me! From this point on, I intend on doing something similar. I think my hair would suffer no harm if I half wigged it up one week, then wore my own hair in a protective style/low manipulation style the next week. That way I get to enjoy my hair and actually learn my hair. What's the point of having a whole lot of hair if you don't know how to deal with it right? For 2012, I definitely want to enjoy my own hair more.


Also, maybe one of my lovely readers can tell me, Once you're full BSL, where does freaking MBL begin? I think I'm pretty much there because WL is a stone's throw away. It's driving me crazy!!!


Anyway, those are my hair musings for today. What are you guys doing to your hair this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I agree!! I probably walk on the side of NOT ENOUGH hardcore PSing lol but there's nothing wrong with enjoying all that hurr!!

    This weekend I am bunning... I did a roller-set yesterday but it did not last very well so I will be rocking various buns for the rest of the weekend (I'm thinking Southern Tease bun tomorrow!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharday, I just made MBL myself and posted a few photos...don't know if that will help you make a comparison at all. As for your protective styling, I think it's a good idea to alternate too :) Sometimes I bun for so long that my hair feels foreign when I finally get a touch up and wear it down. If it doesn't cause you any harm, I don't see how wearing it out every once and awhile would hurt. Let us know if alternating works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey chica, you know u wrong for no pics, right?! lol. i agree with Mama Shar, when I wigged hard, I would cornrow my hair and on the weekends wrong a fierce braidout. My waves would be so freakin defined from being braided all week and I loved it. That may be my summer plan, hmmmm...

    lmao@bawse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shika I can never get the Southern Tease bun right! It always looks so jank on me :/

    @Tay I'm going to have to look at your pics b/c I am so confuzzled right now!

    I definitely understand where you're coming from though! I just don't want to be in a position where I forget how to take care of my hair b/c I'm always taking care of fake hair. That's just no good.

    @EbonyCPrincess Lol I explained why there are no pics on Twitter. I'm still lightweight upset at that straightening experience. I could have done it myself and did a better job. Grr....

    ReplyDelete