Follow Me!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Fever (An Update)

Happy Thursday lovelies!!

I know what you guys are thinking: it has been a minute since I've been on here. And you're right it has been. Things have been so crazy for me lately. See first I had went to Mardi Gras, then I got sick, and I got myself a puppy (yes all in that order). Consequently, my hair has taken a backseat to.....life.

However, that doesn't mean I've forgotten about my hair completely. I'm just keeping it super simple nowadays. I've slowly been weaning myself off wigs. I mean I wear them occasionally but I'm no longer going months and months and months wearing a wig. I've have been alternating styles and if you follow me on Twitter (@sweettesttaboo85) you have seen a few of those styles. The shift to wearing my own hair could not have come at a better time. I think it is safe to say that here in B'ham, spring has sprung. Unfortunately, spring here is 80 degree weather so any hair style I do has to not only look good but keep me cool (in every sense of the word). Ultimately, I want to spend this spring in a bun hairstyle of some sort, then jazz it up for summer by adding a braid, accessories, etc. I think that would make a good challenge. What do yall think?

I'm also gonna up my co-washing game. I've been a gym rat since January and I'm still going strong. Now that the weather has warmed up, I feel like I can co-wash nightly and not worry about my wet hair making me sick.....and it will tie in nicely to this bun challenge I'm about to do. I'm also trying new conditioners to co-wash with. Although I love HE Hello Hydration, I want to try something different. So far I have tried a Renpure conditioner that is supposed to be organic but I'm feeling pretty 'eh' about. I'm definitely gonna have to do a review on that.


Anyway, that's just a quick update on what's going on with me. I will be starting a bun challenge soon so be on the lookout for that! :)

6 comments:

  1. Well it's about time! You and Kibibi are my favorite blogs and I was beginning to think you two had gone on vacay together. If it weren't for Jenjen and ECP, I'd have nothing to read. LOL!

    Life in a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm sorry!!! Now that things have evened out a bit, I should be able to post more regularly again :)

      Delete
  2. sweet a bun challenge! I for myself am loosing my wigs more and more.. I head a bad time visiting clinics beginning of last year (searched for months to find the right one) and had to cut my hair down to an inch.. Passed 2011 wearing wigs.. but hope to grow out of 'em by june...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out my post for the bun challenge. I think it will be a lot of fun and will be helpful in getting ideas on how to jazz up a bun!

      Delete
  3. Bun challenge?? I saw something about this, I think I may do another bun challenge after I finish this rollersetting challenge. I am doing everything I can to make it to BSL this year. I recently cowashed for the first time this year and for some reason my hair didnt like it. My scalp had build up on it. I don't know what it is but I remember enjoying cowashing. Spring in Mobile, 80 degress today so I completely know what your dealing with. I have my hair down thinking I'm cute until I walked outside, plan B, a hair clip to keep this hot ash hair off my neck. Thanks for update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      Yep I am so doing a bun challenge. Looks like B'ham and Mobile have the same weather going on. So you know like I know that wearing your hair out, in a wig, or whatever is entirely too hot right now. I made a post for the bun challenge, you should check it out!

      Delete