Follow Me!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wash Day 3/25/12: I'm Almost 15 Weeks Post. Oh?

Another weekend, another wash day.......

So apparently, I'm just about 15 weeks post. It didn't hit me until I washed my hair last night and was greeted by a mini 'fro of new growth. Honestly, I really haven't been keeping track on how many weeks post I am. I've have really just let my hair do its own thing as of late. It's funny how as you progress through your journey, relaxing your hair doesn't become this all consuming "I have to do it" sort of thing. It is just easier to let your hair...be. I suppose I need to get on that because I'm going to have to relax soon (like next month soon) if I don't want to have another episode like my last stretch.


Anyway, this weekend's wash day is pretty simple. I washed my hair with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and DCed overnight with ORS Replenishing. After I rinse the DC out, I will put some Qhemet Biologics AOHC on my hair ( I FINALLY got a full sized jar and my hair is pop locking with joy all over the place. I swear I love that stuff!) and air dry using the scarf method.


As I am doing a bun challenge, I will be rocking the Southern Tease bun since I want to give my hair a break from the hair ties and such.


What did you do to your hair this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. ok i'm off to find your bun challenge post and check otu the rules...I've been rollersetting but because of my working out and growth aid use, I have been bunning pretty often too. I've been inspired to try some new bun looks also so I may join you. Or at least shadow the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!! It's not a hard core bunning challenge. You only have to bun 3 days a week. I think it's a good beginning to the summer months and gives folks some ideas on what to do with their hair!

      Delete
  2. "Honestly, I really haven't been keeping track on how many weeks post I am." <-- Same here! I actually have to go back to my calender to remember. Like you, doing my hair has become so routine that I don't even anticipate/count down the weeks that often.

    "my hair is pop locking with joy" <-- LOL Glad you're loving that Qhemet product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I do!! During my wash day I was like why does my hair have so much new growth? When was the last time I relaxed?.....then I had to look at a calendar and backtrack to December which was the last time I relaxed lol. I rather lose track of my last relaxer than to be on week 8 feeling like I can't make it through the next 4-8 weeks lol

      I friggin love Qhemet! My hair just loves it! I'll be so glad when the website is back up!

      Delete
  3. Love that Southern Tease Bun! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete