Follow Me!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bun Look of the Week/Bun Idea #8: Top Knot Bun






Happy Hump Day lovelies!

I'm back with the bun I'm rocking for this week! I'm kinda in a lazy mood with my hair and my bun reflects that. The bun I'm wearing is a top knot bun. A top knot bun is a type of high bun and it's different from the ballerina bun I wore a few weeks back in that the bun isn't a perfect, circular bun-so to speak. Instead, the 'bun' literally looks like a knot on the top of your head.

The top knot bun is my go to bun (I've mentioned this bun before AGES ago on my blog! I clearly still love it!). It takes maybe 2 minutes to do and all you need is a hair tie and a few bobby pins ( or a single spin pin). It keeps your hair of your neck, it's super easy, and makes you looked pulled together in a matter of minutes! I freaking : heart : that bun.

This bun can be done on air dried, blow dried, or even damp hair. You simply gather your hair into a high ponytail, form your hair into a 'knot', and secure with bobby pins. Boom. Done. You can make it an extreme top knot by making your ponytail super high and your knot super tight. However, I prefer a looser knot and I prefer for my ponytail not to be directly on top of my head. A tight knot just looks weird to me. Lawd, I'm rambling. Anyway, I think it is a great style for ladies who are SL and beyond.


Check it out:







2 comments:

  1. Looks very cute on you or my daughter, but naaah for me. You have to have the right head for this style. Honestly, I don't think Ashanti looked her best with it. I think I would look a little Arsenio-ish, if I tried that

    Life in a Shoe

    ReplyDelete