Follow Me!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wash Day: February 3, 2013

Or....the laziest wash day ever.


This particular wash day took all day. Allllll dang day. It wasn't because I was doing anything fancy to my hair either. I was just lazy.


I designated that this was would be my heat free wash. No sitting under the dryer, no flat ironing, no silk wrap. Just good ol' air drying and putting my hair into some sort of protective style. Even though my only form of direct heat has been my flat iron every wash day, I figured that my hair needed the heat break. As per usual, I washed my hair with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo. I then DCed with ORS Replenishing+a bit of grapeseed oil.


And I let that DC sit on my head all day. I cleaned my apartment, cooked, and watched the Super Bowl before I decided that it was time to wash the conditioner out of my head. So I did. Once I finished, I put some Qhemet Biologics AOHC on my hair, followed up with Fantasia IC Frizz Buster serum and air dried (Note: when I air dry, I always air dry with a serum to keep my hair from looking like a puff ball. I find that it allows for my hair to dry with some level of sleekness).

The following morning, I put my hair into a modified Gibson tuck ( I love this style because I get to hide all of my ends). I tried to snap the best pics I could of them (remember: I only have my camera phone at the moment) so you can get the idea of what I did. I put two Dutch braids in the front, rolled my hair up in the back, slicked my edges down, and I was done. I love this style because it can hold up pretty well over the course of the week

Check it out!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never realized your hair has so much texture to it!

    ReplyDelete