Follow Me!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

First Impressions: Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream




Since I am on a braidout kick, I am on a mission to report to all of you which products to try so that you too can get a fantastic braidout. Today, I'm reviewing a product that you can use to give your braidouts great hold...and it's not a gel! I know that some of my readers are anti-gel, so I do my best to provide you guys with alternatives. Also, I'm still reviewing products you can pick up locally.

So let's get to the review shall we?

Price: $7.99+tax for 6 oz ( I got mine from Rite Aid but it can be purchased at Walgreens as well)

Ingredients: Deionized Water , PEG-75 Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) , Sage Extract , DMDM Hydantoin , Vegetable Glycerin , Burdoc Protein , Sodium Polyacrylate , Ethylhexyl , Trideceth-6 Fragrance

Their Claims: Non-greasy herbal hair cream that revitalizes curls and eliminates frizz. Conditions and nourishes hair while adding shine and moisture. Holds hair and styles in place. Easily shampoos out with no build up. For curly, kinky, wavy, and coily hair textures,

I used this product to set my braidout on freshly washed and DC'ed hair. As I sat and watched the latest episode of RHOA, I sectioned my damp hair and placed a small amount of Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk on my hair and followed up with a small amount of the Curly Curl cream. I then plaited my hair, placed perm rods on the end and sat underneath my hooded dryer for an hour and a half. The next morning, I removed my plaits and the results were AMAZING!! My hair was so so defined! I absolutely loved it! Check out the results!


I know right? Definition central! I was thoroughly impressed by Curly Curl cream. Best of all, there was no flaking or white cast left by this product after drying which is a plus.

Texture and appearance wise, Curly Curl Cream is a brownish color and pretty thick, like pudding (sorry. The texture really did remind me of vanilla Jello pudding). It also has a light citrus-esque scent which I found to be pretty pleasant. However, this may be an issue for folks with scent sensitivities. Another thing to keep in mind is that for the folks whose hair doesn't agree with shea butter and/or glycerin, steer clear of this product as it has both. Overall though, I would have to say that Curly Curl cream is a solid product.




Bottom Line: If you want an alternative to using gel for your braidouts, I would say that this product is a great one to try. It gives great hold and definition. However, if you don't like shea butter or glycerin, this would be a product to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment