Follow Me!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wash Day: June 14, 2013


Or "The Wash Day With the Protein Treatment"




Last wash day was probably one of the best wash days I have had in a long time. After realizing that my hair acts differently (in a good way!) following the use of products with protein in them, I decided to give my hair a long overdue protein treatment.

I started this wash with a pre-poo that consisted of Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner (which I am not impressed by, btw) and Kemi Oyl. After pre-pooing with heat for 30 min, I then proceeded to wash my hair with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo. After I rinsed my shampoo out, I applied GVP Hair Reconstructor (see my review here) to my hair and left it on for 5 minutes (the maximum amount of time the directions say to leave it on). You guys...when I rinsed that product out of my hair....my hair felt like HAY!! I know that the bottle of GVP Hair Reconstructor says 'conditioner' but there is nothing conditioning about it! That stuff is a a protein treatment through and through. I followed up the protein treatment with a deep conditioning session with ORS Hair Repair Nourishing Conditioner for about an hour (I got caught up watching the ID channel and got a bit lazy lol).

Once I washed that DC out...it felt like I had a new head of hair!! My hair felt so soft and supple...yet strong. I immediately noticed a decrease in breakage and in shedding-which left me amazed. I ended the wash day by detangling my hair, applying Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme to my hair, and sealing with Kemi Oyl. I then proceeded to air dry. I noticed that my hair air dried straighter...my hair didn't dry and wind up looking like a cotton ball. I can only guess that the addition of protein is allowing my hair to hold onto moisture better and that is why my air drying is resulting in my air dried hair looking...well...sleeker.

I didn't really bother to style my hair over the weekend since I didn't go anywhere for real. When I did style my hair, I put my hair into a twist side bun..an idea that I got from this video. The style is quick, easy, and to the point....something that I'm all about these days.



Overall, I am happy with the results my hair has gotten. In fact from here on out (at least until I've made up for this protein deficit), I will be doing a protein treatment 2x a month (every 2 weeks). My hair has shown me that protein is something that it craves.




2 comments: