Follow Me!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wash Day: June 23, 2013

Or "The Wash Day Where I Was Bored So I Tried A New Product Line"

Hi lovelies! I hope you all are having a great beginning of the week so far. Mine is pretty busy so I figured that I better crank this post out before I forget.

Anyway, the past wash day I was little bored with my routine and wasn't sure what to do to get out of my rut. Then I looked in my bathroom cabinet. I don't know why but, I have sample pack...after sample pack....after sample pack of product down there. However, looking at those sample packs gave me the urge to try something new. Something in my collection of hair product samples stood out to me: the Aunt Jackie's line of hair care products. I have to admit, the Aunt Jackie's line of products is a line that I have passed in my BSS and immediately dismissed because I thought it was a wannabe Miss Jessie's. On my wash day, however, I had nothing but time and it wasn't like those products cost me anything so, I decided to give them a go.


I first started out with the Oh So Clean! shampoo. I gotta say, this shampoo smells incredibly fruity. In fact, as I was using it, I got a taste for a big glass of Hawaiian Punch (and I hadn't had that in a long time!). However, I did like how the shampoo performed. It's kinda thick so a little goes a long way and it lathers up quite a bit. Because it was lathering up a bit, I was kind of concerned. I know, the packet says that it is sulfate free but I had to be sure. However, the ingredients are not listed on the back of the packet. So I had to do a little bit of internet sleuthing.

The ingredients for this shampoo are: Aqua (Water), Sodium (C-14-16) Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coconut Oil Monoethanolamide, Polyquaternium 7, Glycol Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, D-Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Linaool, Amyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Lilial, 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, CI 15985 (Yellow 6), CI 47005 (Yellow 10).

So even though the shampoo doesn't contain sulfate, it does contain sodium olefin sulfonate, which is another detergent that is actually comparable in irritation to sodium lauryl sulfate. Thankfully, the shampoo didn't strip my hair or cause irritation and I was pleasantly surprised by how soft my hair felt.





I then moved on to the In Control Moisturizing and Softening Conditioner. Again, I was greeted by the Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiian Punch scent but I noticed that this condish is extremely thick. As you can see in the picture, I could take a dollop of condish and balance it on my figure. As you can imagine, because the conditioner was so thick, a little definitely went a long way. I also found that this condition appears to have a balance of moisture (with the glycerin, the moisture inducing Behentrimonium Methosulfate, and olive oil) and protein (with the hydrolyzed keratin). Either way, after I steamed my hair for 30minutes, my hair felt like heaven! I definitely loved the results from this conditioner.

The ingredients are: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Lanolin Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone PEG-8 Laurate, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Lilial, Panthenol, Soluble Collagen, Tocopherol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cinnamic alcohol, 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, CI 42090 (Blue 1).






I finished up this wash day by using the Knot on My Watch detangler. Although the smell remained, this product really helped with the detangling process and smelled really good (although by this point I was over the Hawaiian Punch smell). However, this product doesn't do much in the way of moisture so I had to follow up with a few moisturizing products of my own.

The ingredients are : Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, PEG-150 Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linalool, Amyl cinnamic aldehyde, Lilial,Benzyl alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Cinnamic alcohol, 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 19140 (Yellow)

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by this line. Of all the products, I probably would shell out the $9.99 for the conditioner, I could take or leave the rest.

No fancy hairstyles on this wash day, just a regular old bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment