Follow Me!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Wash Day: June 8, 2013

Or "The Wash Where My Style Was The Ultimate Fail"

Happy Monday lovelies!

It's another week and another wash day.

This particular wash day I was feeling a lil' creative. I was looking for something different to do to this bun I have been rocking. After an exhaustive (half) day of searching, I found what I wanted to do: a rope braid bun (SN: Apparently, a 'rope braid' is what we call a twist). It looked so cool. So simple. And I have enough hair to do it! I was definitely looking forward to my next wash day.




On Saturday, I settled myself into my apartment and got to work. I started by pre-pooing my hair with Suave Juicy Green Apple conditioner (which I just so happened to luck up on since this particular scent has been discontinued) and EVOO for 30 min under my heat cap. Let me tell you, my hair felt so soft! And it was true softness! I have been on a 'no pre-poo or cowash conditioner with silicones' kick. I want whatever benefits I get from either method to be the result of that method and not a silicone laden illusion. I want true moisture, yall! And thus far, I'm getting it.

Anyway, I then continued by washing my hair with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and DCed with Aubrey Organics GPB for an hour underneath a heat cap. After I rinsed my DC out, I detangled my hair with Giovanni Direct Leave In and air dried with my hair in a ponytail.

Then I tried that blasted rope braid bun.

It started simple enough: I gathered my hair into a high ponytail and sectioned the ponytail into two smaller ponytails. I then twisted those two sections so that I had 2 twists. Ok? Cool.

Then I had to make those two twists into a bun. And that's when my hair said 'NAWL.' My hair would not form into a decent bun for anything while my hair was twisted. It looked a hot, janky mess. I was so mad.

So..I had to resort to my default bun. Which yall can see here:




Don't you guys hate when you're looking forward to trying a style out and that style is a complete and utter fail? Has this ever happened to you? Let me know in the comments section!


2 comments:

  1. Happens to me ALL. THE. TIME. So often that I'm actually pleasantly surprised when I can get a good style on the first try!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My styles rarely ever come out the way I envision. Always takes me several attempts.

    ReplyDelete