Follow Me!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 23-27, 2015 LOTW: Dutch Braids w/ Gibson Tuck


Happy Wednesday lovelies!

Another week and I am housebound thanks to the snow here in NC. Even though I'm not going anywhere or doing much of anything, my hair is actually in a style! I figured I should go ahead and share it with you guys anyway.

If you've been following the blog for awhile, you've probably figured out that I don't really like wearing my hair slicked back. I mean, I've done it but typically, any bun, tuck, or ponytail generally has a flat twist or braid to go with it. This style is no different. I absolutely love the Gibson tuck as a protective style.It is great at protecting your ends. However, the majority of tutorials that I see for it just have your hair slicked back. I HATE THAT!!! For that reason, I don't wear it too often. However, the other day I was on Google and decided to search for variations on this hairstyle. Lo and behold, I found this tutorial by BobbyGlam. While the dutch braid is a glorified cornrow braid to me, I think this style offers the variation that I was looking for. While this go round, I wanted something I little bit more....sleek, I like that I can adjust the braids if need be.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by with a little bit of sunshine. Is this style something that you would try? Let me know in the comments below!


2 comments:

  1. I like this style. I will actually try to imitate this with my braids. I usually do not like the Gibson tuck, but this changes my mind a little. I like to keep my hair together too, even if I am just around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it out! I think it may change your mind about this style. Without braids, flat twists, or something the Gibson tuck just looks so blah to me so I tend to stay away from it too even though it really is a great protective style. Try it out and let me know what you think!

      Delete